5 medium zucchini, spiraled (approx. 5 cups)
1 Tbsp. olive oil 8 oz. raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
6 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ cup prepared pesto
4 fresh flat leaf (Italian) parsley sprigs, finely chopped
5 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
Tbsp. sliced raw almonds
1. Boil water in steamer (or large saucepan) over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
4. Add pesto; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
5. Add parsley and basil; toss gently until blended.
6. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
7. Divide zucchini between four serving plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
8. Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. almonds.
Calories: 247 Total Fat: 15g Carbohydrates: 13g Protein: 18g - MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Source: Shift Shop